2015-2016 DRESS CODE
Students may wear:
- Clothing that fits to body shape and covers all undergarments, back, and stomach / midriff section.
- Clothing that is sewn up on all edges, free from tears, rips, holes, or graffiti.
- Hats and sunglasses outside, especially school spirit gear or college teams.
- Midriff shirts with a tanktop or camisole underneath that covers the stomach and back and reaches the shorts.
- Shorts that reach below your natural arm length when your hands are held to your side.
Students may not wear, display, nor be in possession of the following items while on campus:
- Professional sports team gear (e.g. hats, caps, beanies, hairnets, bandannas, head coverings, pants, jackets).
- Clothing that is unsafe, lewd, indecent, vulgar, obscene, or gang related, nor shall the clothing disrupt the educational process or the orderly operation of the school. Student dress shall not display emblems, lettering or pictures pertaining to gang, drug, tobacco, alcohol, sex, death, mutilation, violence or a gang’s “silent code."
- Any color bandanna showing on your person.
- Overly brief or tight garments (e.g. halter-tops, tube tops or muscle shirts, spaghetti straps, strapless, off the shoulder, or fishnet see through garments) — Girls, your stomach, bra or bra straps, and butt should not be showing; if it is, you will be asked to change.
- Spiked jewelry (e.g. earrings, necklaces, collars, hair pieces) of any kind, chains, or chokers.
- Oversized, sagged or baggy pants, and belt buckles lettered or numbered are not permitted. Oversized belts hanging from under apparel shall not be worn.
- Sleepwear (e.g. pajama pants) of any kind.
- Clothing, jewelry and personal items (e.g. backpacks, fanny packs, gym bags, water bottles etc.) with writing, pictures or any other insignia which are crude, vulgar, profane or sexually suggestive, which bear drug, alcohol, or tobacco company advertising, promotions and likenesses, or which advocate gender, racial, ethnic, or religious prejudice.
- Clothing considered by the administration or law enforcement agencies to be gang related.